At Smith Douglas Homes, we pride ourselves on being one of the fastest growing, privately owned home building companies in the country. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for Builders (Superintendents) to join our Construction Team in Raleigh, NC. The right candidate will have proven experience in residential field operations, be a team player and have high customer satisfaction ratings. Smith Douglas Homes is proud to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees as well as a family type work environment.
- Use SMART (software package) to retrieve reports required for job.
- Manage the construction of homes by using SMART generated schedule.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Check/count material to verify quantities against a PO.
- Complete municipality and internal inspections (foundation, framing and QC).
- Complete site inspection form.
- Ensure that Trade Partners’ work is up to spec (scope of work) and complete as per schedule.
- Identify Trade Partners with delinquencies and negotiate completion as per schedule.
- Hold trades accountable for inadequate performance.
- Work with trades to find a win-win scenario when an issue occurs.
- Identify need for new Trade Partner when necessary.
- Ensure homes meet quality and construction standards and printed specifications.
- Manage cost to meet budgets.
- Determine net cost of VPO and negotiate re-work when necessary.
- Achieve acceptance of home through quality assurance process.
- Perform homeowner orientations and acceptance walks with customers.
- Work with Sales Agents to resolve customer concerns, attend weekly community meeting.
- Obtain Building C.O.
- Ensure community cleanliness.
- Convert model home as required for sale.
- Review and enforce work place safety requirements. (Logging infractions and incidents)
Smith Douglas offers a generous benefits package including medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) plan with a company match. This is a full-time, regular, exempt position and will be paid via W-2 earnings.
Smith Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.